Renovation

Let’s get some work underway!

Over the next few weeks leading up to Christmas (2012) we worked intensively on the house. We tore out the hideous mustard yellow bath suite, ripped down the flimsy wall separating the toilet from the bathroom and stripped the kitchen of what units remained. Wallpaper throughout the house was easily pulled off the walls due to the rising and penetrating damp. Bags and bags of polystyrene ceiling tiles were binned. We knocked down a wall between reception room three and what was a servants corridor, to make more space for what would be the kitchen. We took up all of the carpets and yet the ‘old’ smell lingered for weeks afterwards, no matter how much Febreeze I sprayed!

Hall

imageimage

imageimage

Bathroom

imageimage

imageimage

Lounge

image

Dining room

image

Kitchen

image

imageimage

image

Master bedroom

image

The next job was to hack off and expose the brick work for damp proofing treatment. This had to be done right the way through the downstairs of the property. We started by taking off the required one metre of render, but due to the state of the walls from the damp, we eventually ended up removing all of the render throughout the entire property!

Photos below are from the first phases of removing the render…

image

image

Advertisements
Standard